Become a school leader and shape the culture of your school.
Moreland University’s Master’s in Educational Leadership degree program incorporates the Professional Standards for Education Leaders standards( PSEL) and includes a minimum of 15-week extensive internship enabling the leader-candidate to experience an authentic school leadership.
We offer an affordable, flexible pathway for education professionals anywhere in the world to become a school leader, as well as deepen their existing practice as a leader.
- For candidates with at least two years of teaching experience
- Integrated administrative internship
- 39-credit-hour program
- No GRE admissions requirement
“My peers, the curriculum, and the mentorship were the difference.”
Fully accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (www.deac.org)
$13,000. Monthly payment plans available (interest free)
Start every month except December
Weekly time commitment
12-15 hours a week
Work collaboratively with other prospective school leaders from around in the world—all online
This 12-month program, delivered in cohorts of up to 10-15 participants, is designed for candidates who wish to become a curriculum coordinator, department head, Assistant Principal, or advance to Principal, Head of School, or other school leadership position anywhere in the world. The curriculum incorporates the Professional Standards for Education Leaders (PSEL) and a six-month internship in school administration.
Candidates will learn about instructional leadership as well as day-to-day school operations, management and compliance, strategic planning, budgeting, scheduling, and more. They will delve deeper into how to develop and encourage school-wide student learning and achievement; hire, train and mentor teachers; assess risks; plan for emergencies; and develop a school improvement plan for the community in which they live.
As a graduate from our 12 month Master’s in Educational Leadership program, you will be able to:
- Manage the physical plant, infrastructure, and resources of a school
- Create, analyze, maintain, and modify a school budget
- Evaluate the culture of a school and identify and remediate areas of inequity
- Use data to assess and remediate curriculum and instructional shortcomings in a school
- Lead a strategic planning process in the school community
- Create and implement a school improvement plan
“The Master’s course in Leadership has indeed led me through a rocky year of uncertainty and I come out the end of it with a much greater awareness and holistic understanding of the many different facets of educational leadership”Christopher, Master’s in Educational Leadership alumni, Jan 2021
“Everything I learned through the program has been applicable, and none of my time was wasted with overly theoretical, impractical work. The instructors are highly skilled in their fields and the administration has been extremely responsive and helpful during the HR process of transferring my DC license to PA.”Rachel, Master’s in Education with Globalization in Education graduate, 2018
Prospective candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for admission to the Master’s degree programs:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher). A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Official baccalaureate degree transcripts are due at the time of application.
- 3.0 GPA. We seek a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 or higher, or equivalent experience.
- Transcript Evaluation (for non-US baccalaureate degrees): Transcript Evaluation is due at the time of Application for Master’s Programs. For applicants whose baccalaureate degree was obtained outside the United States or its territories, you will need to have your official baccalaureate degree transcript evaluated. Please see the note below on Transcript Evaluation and Translation.
- Writing sample that demonstrates effective writing skills in English. We seek evidence of passion and enthusiasm for helping young people learn, grow, and develop through project-based virtual and/or physical classroom learning.
- English language proficiency, if the writing sample is insufficient, can be evidenced through a number of proficiency assessments. We recommend the Duolingo English Proficiency Test.
Official transcripts are documents that are produced by a college or university’s Office of the Registrar (or similar), and must be ordered according to the instructions provided by the university.
Whether issued as secure .pdf documents, via a third party (such as National Student Clearinghouse, or Parchment), or printed on blue tamper proof security paper, official transcripts are important to third parties so that they can be assured of authenticity (originating directly from the university) and content accuracy. Official transcripts are usually issued in portrait format, and contain the seal of the university and the signature of the University Registrar.
(For Non-US Baccalaureate Degrees) Transcript Evaluation and Translation
For those candidates seeking a U.S. teaching license upon completion of the Teach-Now Certification Program, please note that as part of your application for a U.S. state-issued teaching license, you will need to have your official baccalaureate degree transcript from non-U.S. institutions evaluated for educational equivalence to a U.S. 4-year baccalaureate degree. This course by course evaluation can be conducted by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member agency. This evaluation should be requested from a NACES member agency at the time of application.
See www.naces.org for a list of current NACES member agencies that can conduct a course by course transcript evaluation and/or provide translation services. We have partnerships with 3 NACES approved agencies to streamline the evaluation process. Information and instructions can be found here and transcript evaluation FAQ can be found here.
Join Moreland University
No more waiting for an admission decision. We offer rolling admission, which means that you can submit your application to Moreland University at any time.
Connect with us to learn more about our programs and how Moreland fits your career goals.