Come shape the future in Washington, D.C.!
Become a certified educator.
Learn HOW with this FREE, comprehensive guide.
I’m ready to shape my future.
Whether you are already in the classroom or want to begin a rewarding new career as an educator, find everything you need to know about earning your Washington, D.C. Teacher Certification in this one, convenient downloadable guide.
This free Guide to Teacher Certification in Washington, D.C. simplifies the teacher certification process and answers today’s most often-asked questions. Plus, you can discover the advantages of both direct and alternative pathways for earning teacher certification in Washington, D.C., including Moreland University’s accelerated TEACH-NOW® Teacher Preparation Certificate Program.
In this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn:
- Each important step toward earning your Washington, D.C. teacher certification
- Critical dates on the pathway to become a licensed teacher in Washington, D.C.
- Key requirements, costs, and exams that lead to certification
- When and how to submit your Washington, D.C. teacher certification application
- Additional insights, tips and preparation tools
I’m ready to shape my future
Learn more with your comprehensive guide to teacher certification in Washington D.C.
Fill out the form to download now.
Watch your career take shape as a professional educator in the nation's capital!
Respected programs specifically designed for future educators, like Moreland University’s accelerated TEACH-NOW® Teacher Preparation Certificate Program, can help you achieve your goals at a fraction of the time and cost of traditional programs. Shape the future of education as a certified educator in the state that suits you best!
Why NOW is a great time to become a certified educator in Washington, D.C.
- One the highest teacher salaries in the county!1,2 Washington, D.C. is ranked #4 in the 10 best-paying states for teachers in 2023.1,2
- Investing in education! Washington, D.C. spends more per student than any other place in the country, except New York. The District of Columbia invests more than $22,800 in each individual student in the public schools.2
- Opportunities abound! Earning your teacher certification for Washington, D.C. opens the door to teaching positions in more than 115 schools in D.C., supporting more than 50,000 students.3
Join the thousands of Washington, D.C. educators who love their jobs and make a positive impact on students each year.
“Moreland provides a cutting-edge experience…It focuses on best practices, innovative research and educational technology."
— Kim G., Moreland graduate