Shape your career with a
Master’s Degree in Education
from Moreland University
Earn your Master’s Degree—and teaching certification at the
same time*—with the transformative online graduate program
recognized worldwide for its evidence-based instructional
approach and innovative practices.
*Teaching Preparation Certification of Completion is optional and not included in
all Moreland University Master’s programs.
It’s easy to get started.
We offer rolling admission, which means you can submit your application to Moreland University at any time.
Please fill out the form to request information about our programs and learn how Moreland fits your career goals.
Your future in education takes shape at Moreland University
Advance your career, strengthen your education credentials or pursue an area of specialization today– and make a meaningful impact on education tomorrow. Developed by educators exclusively for educators, Moreland University's focused one-year Master's Degrees in Education empower you with the research-based knowledge and innovative tools to make a difference. Whether you have classroom experience or feel inspired to change to a rewarding career as an educator, Moreland University offers a streamlined graduate program to take you where you want to go.
Choose from Moreland University's:
- Master’s in Education + Teaching certification preparation in six different areas of specialization
- Master’s in Educational Leadership
- Master’s in Globalization and Education Research
Upgrade your credentials
in just one year
Our accelerated programs take only 12
months to complete, allowing you to
move to the next phase of your career
without multiple years of study.
Complete all coursework
Gain the convenience of virtual learning without losing human interaction. Engage with other teaching candidates on collaborative assignments and receive input from highly qualified instructors.
Flex your professional development
to meet your schedule
Take ownership of your educational
experience and begin your Master's
degree when the time is right with our
rolling, monthly admissions.
Benefit from rigorous courses
and wraparound support
Our programs have the highest
graduation and pass rates. 95% of
Master's degree candidates graduate
from Moreland. 95% of graduates who
take the PRAXIS test pass the first time.
Expand your network through our
diverse learning community
Discuss best practices in education
from a global perspective with
educators from over 165 countries.
Build international connections while
preparing yourself to teach in any place
you feel inspired to teach.
Moreland University: Empowering educators to shape educational outcomes one classroom at a time
Begin shaping your future now—12-month accelerated program with flexible start dates
- With flexible start dates, you can begin when the time is right for you -- whether that’s June to June or September to September or something in-between.
- From start to finish you’ll complete your Master's in Education with Moreland University in one year with our rigorous, fast-paced courses.
- Contact your Admissions Representative for upcoming start dates and enrollment information.
"Moreland provides a very cutting-edge experience. It’s a flipped classroom model, not a traditional program. It focuses on best practices, the cutting-edge research and educational technology."
— Kim G., Moreland graduate
Learn from evidence-based, effective models of
instruction and thought-leaders in education
The Moreland University learning model was designed from
the ground up to address the evolving needs of educators in
today's classrooms worldwide.
- A collaborative approach to learning within an
activities-based framework emphasizes best practices for
learning that can be reapplied in your own classroom.
- We equip you with the knowledge and tools to prompt positive change in education. Recent graduates express enthusiasm about transforming classrooms with the skills learned at Moreland.
"I loved that Moreland allowed me to take my
education and make it fit my needs."
— Nicole P., Master's in Education and
Moreland faculty model a progressive approach to
education, preparing you to make a lasting impact.
- Our faculty members understand the complexities of today's classrooms and actively contribute and advance their areas of specialty as district leaders, lead teachers, and coaches.
"I love working with educators all over the world to foster student-centered learning environments and empower teachers with innovative best practices!”
— Lili J. TEACH-NOW® faculty member
Shaping educational outcomes
Our program equips you with the ability to adapt to
changing education demands.
- You spend at least one-third of your time in clinical practice, teaching real students or working with respected educational professionals.
- School administrators rank Moreland graduates as highly effective in the classroom.
- 88% of Moreland graduates expect to be teaching or working in education for at least the next five years.
“One of the key things I learned at Moreland
University was to pare down what students will learn and then figure out how you can best meet
those learning needs or expectations for that
— Suzanne M., Master's in Education,
Shaping professional connections
Broaden your opportunities through a diverse learning community.
- Moreland University brings the benefits of the collaborative classroom online with our unique cohort learning model.
- With educators from 165 countries, your cohort learning communities of 10 to 15 aspiring and practicing educators learn, grow and discuss best practices in education from a global perspective. You’ll be prepared for a role in education any place you feel inspired to teach.
- Through our cohort model and global alumni network, you connect with thousands of passionate educators who share your vision and drive, providing you with opportunities to collaborate and impact education worldwide.
“Through Moreland University I have been able to create a unique and very strong support system…
anywhere in the world."
— Natalie G., Master's in Leadership in Education
Shape your future.
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
+ Teacher Certification Preparation
Establish your career in education by earning the right credentials from our globally recognized programs. Choose one specialty area for your Master’s degree and immerse yourself for 12 months in content proven to positively impact the classroom. As part of your degree, you'll work with a cohort of 10-15 aspiring and experienced educational professionals from around the world. You’ll share insights and experiences to transform education wherever you end up teaching. Courses also cover the material required by the TEACH-NOW® Certificate in Teacher Preparation, providing you with the necessary coursework to apply for a U.S. state teaching license.
Choose your area of impact:
- Globalization in Education
- Education Research
- Teaching Multilingual Learners
- Special Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Technology
Have you already started or completed the TEACH-NOW® Teacher Preparation Certificate Program?
Find out how you can earn your Master's in Education at an accelerated rate here. Our rolling admissions make it easy to join the program when the time is right for you.
Master’s in Educational Leadership (M.Ed. only)
With two years of teaching experience, you can further your role as an educational leader in the U.S. or abroad in our Master’s in Educational Leadership program. Become an expert of best practices in education through course content built around the Professional Standard for Education Leaders (PSFL) developed by the National Policy Board for Educational Administration. A 15-week extensive internship within this one-year program provides real-world opportunities to learn from those who are actively engaged in transformational leadership.
Master of Globalization and Education Research (M.Ed. only)
Stay on the forefront of educational trends to impact today’s classroom and shape tomorrow’s. With a Master’s in Globalization and Education Research, you will advance your knowledge on the science of learning. You will innovate effective teaching methods to inspire learning and champion change. Throughout this 12-month program, you and your international cohort will work as a community to reimagine what classroom learning looks like – no matter where that classroom exists.
Flexible learning. Exceptional instruction.
The Moreland Model for your success.
We’ve captured what’s most meaningful about education to bring you nine
accelerated months of rigorous instruction, meaningful interaction and practical
application. Recognized worldwide, TEACH-NOW® is a district-tested,
educator-approved model for classroom success.
Learning made affordable: The Moreland Promise.
Priced right for educators, Moreland's tuition includes all materials with no hidden book or technology fees. Add a Master’s
degree to your credentials, prepare for Teacher Certification or earn both.
Invest in your professional future and prepare to make a bolder impact in education.
- $14,000* for the M.Ed. programs
- $14,500* for the Master’s in Globalization and Educational Research program only
- $2,000* initial payment and twelve (12) monthly payments of $1,000.
- $200* non-refundable registration fee is included.
- Read our Refund Policy for details.
Prepare to reshape the world
Admission requirements for Moreland University Master’s Degrees
We welcome educators from around the world whether you have classroom experience and desire an advanced degree or want to earn a U.S. state teaching license. Prospective candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for admission to the master’s degree programs:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher). A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Submit your official baccalaureate degree transcripts with your application. See special notes on official transcripts here.
- 3.0 GPA. We seek a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 or higher, or equivalent experience.
- English language proficiency. If English is a secondary language for you, we recommend testing your proficiency with the Duolingo English Proficiency Test. A score over 90 indicates proficiency at a level that will help you succeed at Moreland University.
- Government-Issued Photo ID. A copy of your government-issued photo ID is required with your application.
- Written Writing Sample. Discuss your interest in education, reasons for choosing Moreland University, and what you hope to learn in this program. Minimum 200 words required for this writing sample to be valid.
Come shape the future
It’s easy to get started with Moreland University.
Begin now! We offer rolling admissions, which means that you can submit your application to
Moreland University at any time.
Want to know more about Moreland's innovative TEACH-NOW® Teacher Preparation Certificate Program?
I’m ready to shape my future.